5 Channel Partner Updates: Thursday 23 August 2018
by Joe Panettieri • Aug 23, 2018
Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Thursday, August 23, 2018.
Actually, there are 11 timely updates designed for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look:
11. Alibaba Cloud Services Momentum: Alibaba Cloud is emerging as a nearly-global alternative to Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform and IBM Cloud. Alibaba’s overall revenues rose 61 percent for $12.2 billion in the company’s latest quarter, and cloud revenues surged 93 percent to $710 million in the quarter. The Chinese cloud giant is pushing into Europe, but faces potential pushback from regulators in the U.S.
10. Partner Program – Oracle NetSuite: Kodella, Riveron and ITOrizon have joined the Oracle NetSuite partner program, and are launching cloud ERP practices to help customers across industries improve operational efficiency and accelerate growth, Oracle says. NetSuite has one of the oldest, most established SaaS partner programs in the cloud market.
9. Partner Program – Web Search: Algolia, which develops Search and Discovery API for websites and mobile apps, has launched the Algolia Partner Program. It’s designed to help enterprises build fast, relevant search experiences with the expertise of a best-in-class partner ecosystem, the company says.
8. Partner Program – SD-WANs: Silver Peak has launched an Authorized Deployment Partner (ADP) Program to train, certify and authorize a select group of experienced services partners. Those partners, in turn, will gain the skills to unify and manage all facets of the design, deployment and management of Silver Peak’s Unity EdgeConnect SD-WAN solutions. Early participants include Cavell Group, FireOwls Corporation, Geode Networks, Traversa Solutions and Velociti.
7. SD-WAN Market Forecast: The SD-WAN market will reach $2.2 billion in sales by 2022, generating a 35 percent compound annual growth rate (CAGR) from 2018, Dell’Oro Group forecasts.
6. GDPR Compliance: Roughly 28 percent of organizations do not feel completely compliant with the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), according to a recent Imperva survey of Infosecurity Europe trade show attendees.
5. M&A – Microsoft Solutions Practice Mystery:Yorktel has acquired a Microsoft solutions practice. Now, if only they’d reveal the name of the acquired business…
4. Tech Data Mexico:Tech Data has expanded its StreamOne Cloud Marketplace in Mexico to include Microsoft Azure and Office 365, among other improvements. The distributor is expected to announce quarterly financial results the week of August 27.
3. Talent: SecureAuth and BlueCat veteran Darrin Ingram has joined Broadvoice as VP of client and partner solutions. Broadvoice provides hosted voice, unified communications (UC) and SIP Trunking services for businesses. Broadvoice says Ingram will focus initially on three initiatives:
Refining partner onboarding and quoting processes and documentation to assist in Broadvoice channel partners’ continued success;
developing a certified installer program to provide channel partners with the opportunity to certify their technicians in implementing Broadvoice solutions; and
optimizing internal processes to improve solution design, technical sales consultations, training and the overall sales cycle for channel partners.
2. Hurricane Lane and Hawaii Data Protection: Hurricane Lane could be the largest storm to hit Hawaii in decades. It could make landfall today (Thursday) and Friday. Governor David Ige has told Hawaii residents to have 14 days of food, water and other necessities on hand. We’re checking to see how channel partners, MSPs and CSPs are managing data and customer infrastructure ahead, during and after the storm.
1. Join Us Today: Learn how much your business is worth, and benchmark your company against the overall IT services industry Join today’s ChannelE2E webcast (Today, Thursday, August 23) for all the details and metrics.