5 Channel Partner Updates: Wednesday 12 September 2018
by Joe Panettieri • Sep 12, 2018
Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Wednesday, September 12, 2018.
Actually, there are 18 timely updates (oh… my…) designed for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look:
18. Oracle Cloud Revenues: The technology giant is expected to announce quarterly financial results after U.S. markets close today (September 12). Investors will closely watch Oracle’s cloud revenues, which have faced a range of questions in recent months…
17. Amazon Business Revenues: Amazon Business, which competes with Staples and other office supply retailers, is on track to become a $10 billion business this year. In fact, Amazon Business could overtake Amazon Web Services (AWS) revenues within the next few years, Bloomberg predicts.
16. Regulations – Technology and Terrorism: Google, Twitter, Facebook and other tech firms could be slapped with fines as high as 4 percent of annual revenue if they fail to remove terror propaganda from their sites quickly enough under new European Union legislative proposals, Bloomberg reports.
15. Regulations – U.S. Privacy Rights: A group representing Facebook, Amazon and Google said on Tuesday it backed modernizing U.S. data privacy rules but wants a national approach that would preempt California’s new regulations that take effect in 2020, Reuters reports.
14. Talent – SolarWinds:Sascha Giese is now Head Geek at the IT management and automation software company. As a senior pre-sales engineer at SolarWinds, he was responsible for product training channel partners and customers; regularly participated in the annual SolarWinds Partner Summit EMEA; and contributed in the company’s professional certification program, SolarWinds Certified Professional. Related Conference: The SolarWinds MSP conference, called Empower MSP, is next week in Arizona.
13. Talent – Equinix Names CEO: Data center and interconnection giant Equinix. has promoted President Charles Meyers to CEO. He succeeds Interim CEO Peter Van Camp. The company began its search for a permanent CEO earlier this year, after former leader Steven M. Smith resigned from the company.
12. Network Operations: The Opengear NetOps Automation platform is now generally available. The platform is a centralized management solution for achieving vendor-neutral automation of NetOps workflows, Opengear asserts.
11. 5G Networks: Verizon is launching Verizon 5G Home, a commercial 5G broadband Internet service, on October 1. Beginning Thursday (September 13), U.S. consumers can visit FirstOn5G.com to learn more about the service and sign up to be a “First On 5G” Member. Verizon 5G Home will initially be available in parts of Houston, Indianapolis, Los Angeles and Sacramento.
Continue to page two of two for the captivating conclusion to this blog.