From Facebook and Instagram to Twitter and Pinterest, social media has become vital to the digital marketing mix of any business – especially if you’re seeking to reach more consumers for your products and services.
In today’s digital age, practically everyone has a website or social media page to reach potential customers, so why don’t you?
What are the benefits of a social media strategy for a business?
Social media can help you reach a specific target audience while improving your rank on search engines. Some of the benefits of a social media strategy for a business include:
- Faster indexing due to increased social traction
- More websites will likely to link back to your content through shares
- Greater brand awareness and recognition among both old and new customers
- Builds top-of-mind-recall and thought leadership
- Improves web traffic and increased lead generation
- Helps to boost sales
But simply creating a social media profile and page is not enough. You need to find ways to engage with your audience and get them interested in your brand. Here are four ways to use social media to enhance your search engine rankings.
Make sure all relevant information is on your page.
Always include relevant information pertaining to your business when you create a social media page. This includes:
- Website URL
- Company name
- Product name and description
This important information is always good to have especially when people share your social media pages across channels, giving prospects the opportunity to follow through to your website for more. Since social media connects you to millions across the globe, the possibilities of people connecting to your business are limitless, which improves your search engine rankings.
Engage with followers on a personal level.
The beauty of social media is that it humanizes a brand and gives it a personal touch, which resonates with followers. This is an added layer of customer support that allows you to converse with multiple people simultaneously while showing them that you care. Here are some ways you can engage with your customers:
- Get to know the pain points of your customers and address them.
- Respond to customers’ queries in a timely manner to ensure they are satisfied with your products and services.
- Reply quickly and encourage them to engage with your brand more through personal replies.
- Offer professional advice with a personal touch so your customers feel appreciated.
This level of social media communication puts your brand in the best possible light with people who read the conversation – whether they are existing or potential customers. This personalized engagement will likely bring you new followers, which is viewed favorably by search engines.
Partner with social media influencers to garner greater recognition.
You’ll be surprised how much influencers influence consumers’ opinion via social media – don’t underestimate their power. These influencers have thousands (or even millions) of followers who value their opinion, so working with them could build greater brand recognition via social media. Here’s how to work with them:
- Get influencers to post about your products and services.
- Cobble together a network of influencers together to further enhance brand credibility.
- Collaborate with these influencers to create an authentic brand experience.
Influencer marketing is a great way to showcase your brand’s products and services. It’s important to find ways to make the influencer content look credible and not just like any other ad to gain some real search engine ranking traction for your business.
Give your content a boost.
Social media really works for businesses when more and more people read their content through an increased number of shares on different channels. But people only share things that are worthwhile, so you need to ensure your content is topnotch to be worthy of a share. Consider the following:
- Are you creating well-researched content that solves a problem?
- Is your content meaningful to your target audience?
- Does your content address issues that your customers have?
- Is your content well written and captivating to your target audience?
For content to be shared, people need to absolutely love it. Content that is regularly shared on social media can boost your search engine rankings over time.
A little effort invested in optimizing your social media profile goes a long way when it comes to building your search engine rankings.